Helping You Be Their Hero
Morais Kim Law understands just how confusing and challenging the legal system can be for families dealing with difficult and sensitive legal matters. Michellé Placzek has developed the following list of resources to help parents and families struggling with family law, education rights and juvenile justice issues:
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline - This child abuse prevention hotline provides professional crisis counseling, information, and referrals to emergency, social service and other support programs and resources. You can also call or 1-800-4-A-CHILD or 1800-422-4453.
- helpandhope.org - This site provides information and help for parents, families and children dealing with child abuse and neglect matters.
- National Parent Helpline® - Trained advocates provide emotional support and empowerment strategies to parents and caregivers. You can also call 1-855-4A PARENT or 1-855-427-2736.
- Texas Abuse Hotline - The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services provides a secure website for reporting child abuse and neglect situations that do not require an emergency response. You can also call 1-800-252-5400.
- Texas Youth and Runaway Hotline - This Texas Youth & Runaway hotline provides guidance, prevention services and crisis intervention to youths, parents and other family members across the state of Texas. You can also call 1-800-989-6884.
- Harris County District Courts - This site provides information and links for the Harris County District Courts, including the civil, criminal, family, juvenile and treatment courts.
- Harris County Protective Services for Children and Adults - This site provides information on the protective services provided to children and adults in Harris County.
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) protects children, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities from abuse, neglect and exploitation. This site includes information about resources, hotlines and other services and programs available to the public.
- Texas Attorney General Child Support Division - This site provides information about services available to help parents obtain or provide support for their children.
- Texas Education Agency - This site is the official site of the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The site provides detailed information and resources concerning public education in the state of Texas.
- TEA Special Education Rules and Regulations - This site provides information on both state and federal special education rules and regulations.
- stopbullying.gov - This is a federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services providing information and resources on bullying prevention and response, including cyber bullying.
- Texas Juvenile Justice Department - This site provides detailed information about the Texas Juvenile Justice Department, including its programs, procedures, and policies.
- Texas Juvenile Justice Department Programs and Facilities - This page provides a listing of programs, facilities and resources available to help juveniles across the state of Texas.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention - This site provides information and support for states and local communities working to develop and implement effective programs and services that address the needs of juveniles and their families.
- Houston Bar Association - The “For the Public Page” sets forth information about the many services and resources the Houston Bar Association provides to the public.
- texaslawhelp.org - This site provides information and resources for families and children covering a wide range of legal issues.
- com/4MyKid - This Facebook page provides information, activities and resources for parents and families.
The Texas family law firm of Morais Kim Law is here to help the adults in a child's life be their hero. Our goal is to empower clients with the knowledge and support they need to be the hero in their child's life.
If you have questions or are in need of experienced and caring legal representation, contact Morais Kim Law today. Attorney Michellé Placzek can be reached at 713-515-8830 or firstname.lastname@example.org